View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 04:32 AM   #202
hatchgrafix

Quote:
Originally Posted by budget76 View Post
While you've got it on the bench, you may want to reinforce the sway bar mounts on the trailing arms had mine fail and nowi havea nice knocking noise in the rear. no way to fix it till I'm back inNj. picture to see what I'm talking about in this link.

http://forums.eurocca.net/showthread...bar-mount-(E30)
Sounds good, however I may not be running a rear sway bar, it all depends though, I hear just a stiffer spring is all I would want... if I do decided to use the sway bar, I'll be needing to invent some new mounting locations on both the trailing arms "per your suggestion" as well as locations for them to attach to the body, seeing as I cut them all out.

Transmission is installed, picked up a 98 328i driveshaft with a 4 bolt rear, also ordered an all new ZF shift linkage from BMW.

To do the swap I'm told you need the linkage, I was going to try my luck at modifying the stock one (cutting and rewelding it) however I figured if that didn't work I would still be needing to order up one.

130 dollars straight from the dealership for the following parts:

1, 2, 4, 7, 9, 10, and 11

Cannot go wrong with just ordering new parts!!!!! For the price, I was satisfied.

So I did run into an issue with my subframe bushings, the ones I had ordered years ago, are a very unique style, hopefully I can explain them...

They are basically a one piece bushing that slides into the subframe from either the top or bottom, and it looks like any ordinary subframe bushing, however, it came with a threaded pipe that gets pushed inside the bushing, and it was supplied with nuts that you tighten which would sandwich the bushing into the subframe, I however do not trust this method because there is nothing to keep the subframe held in on the bottom like a standard 2 piece *top and bottom* bushing.

So my conclusion is to spend the 100 bucks on a new set of bushings that I feel more confortable using, unless I can figure out something to modify my current ones.

I would like to finish the car by this weekend, and if I order the bushings I'm afraid they won't be able to fulfill my request. So feel free to wish me luck.

BTW, I already know that the e30 uses a different style the the 318ti bushings, the ones I received I could have sworn were ordered from "BimmerBum" a couple years ago, maybe he'll chime in!!!

425+ whp @ 15psi TurboCannon

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthrea...t=22754&page=2
hatchgrafix is offline   Reply With Quote