View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #211
hatchgrafix

My homemade brake bleeder!!!! I found out that the metal cap to Permatex Anti Sieze compound is exactly what size needed for the brake fluid reservior... I cleaned out the cap and popped a hole in it. I did need to put a small amount of teflon thread tape on the threads for the brake reservoir to get it to not leak. The pump is just an old weed sprayer! Worked like a charm to bleed the clutch and brakes!

It's closer to being driveable, but long from where I would like it to be! I do have a weekly car meet that I'm desperately trying to make it to tomorrow!

@Bubela, thank you for your kind words, and thanks for the encouragement, lots of hard work involved, should be worth it in the long run!! I would like to setup a dual pump, my current configuration doesn't leave much to work with. It's the stock pump in the tank, feeding a 255 walbro inline pump... I would look into a surge tank option so that when you do any cornering it will not be starved of fuel, the usual purpose of having a pump on both sides.

Special thanks to MrSqueelerz for coming by on saturday to check out how things were going, and he decided to donate a set of IE Subframe Bushings, since the ones I had were useless garbage. You can see the black ones do not have a bottom to keep the subframe from just popping out of the car...

425+ whp @ 15psi TurboCannon

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthrea...t=22754&page=2
hatchgrafix is offline   Reply With Quote