View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 03:21 AM   #14
mdlane72

Hello-- I have a 98 318ti and have been having an ASC problem. I could care less about having the ASC system work. Your pics dont really look my 98 stock engine. I am having terrible surging at cold, hot, driving on the freeway, in traffic-- and its intermittent. I can do the battery off the post for a night and it goes away the light goes off and all is right with the world-- then I feel the surge, the light goes on and its bucking again. Its just terribly annoying and bad on the mileage-- which is the reason for buying it in the first place! The car has 180k on it now if that matters. It doesn't seem like when I unplug the ASC motor on the drivers inner fender that anything better happens and the ABS light of course comes on. I have taken it to a BMW guy -- which I have serious doubts about-- and I remember on his scanner it mentioned something about the brake light switch being an issue. Is there any way that the wiring harness could do that and a $15 part is kicking my ass? I have a friend with a 02 Accord and the brake light switch did a lot and fixed many issues-- just wondering if thats my problem. I dont want to just throw parts at something.

Thanks for any help,
Matt
mdlane72 is offline   Reply With Quote