View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
318iM44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_M View Post
Hard to go with that without proper information, does it happen at certain occasions or randomly ? does it change with surrounding environment such as heat, cold, humidity, etc or not? My mind would go for the Intake Air resonance change-over valve.. but again without proper diagnosis I won't be sure!
It happens randomly; regardless of temperature, elevation, speed, idle, rpm, daytime, night time, etc.
Such as idling at red light, or cruising around 30mph, or on a highway around 60mph. Other than random stall and cutting out, the car runs great.

Did you mean DISA is Intake Air Resonance Change-Over Valve?
I did swap that with a good working one, from my friend's m44.

Like the first post, when this happens, the CEL rapidly flash like a police strobe light without any sequence, until the stalling and misfiring are mysteriously over, which usually last for 15 to 30 seconds.
Even if i push the gas pedal all the way, it's still cutting out, jerking and missing.
Then the CEL stay on solid afterward.

The alternator is tested good.

It smells like fresh gasoline when idling, but all of the spark plugs are new and all have grayish tan tips, and not wet.

Now, based on CarSOft 6.5 Live Data reading:
- 0 Volt @ Tank Pressure Sensor
- 150 Celcius @ Air Intake Temp Sensor (after 1 minute idling from dead cold start)
- ASC @ ON (the button is not ON)

I think i'm very close of finding the gremlin, after all that new parts, yet i'm loosing hope to go forward without being broke.

Last edited by 318iM44; 10-10-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: typo
318iM44 is offline   Reply With Quote