View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 03:53 AM   #1
jccaruso

Default I think I killed it... Wont Start

I hope I'm wrong but I think I may have done it this time... The short, the engine turns over and almost catches but just wont start. The long (and sorry it is long)...

I have a pretty good oil leak. My mechanic said that it was the valve cover gasket. Sounds reasonable. My car is nearing 200,000 miles on the original gasket. So I brought it in. When i got it back, i put cardboard under the car and saw it was still leaking oil. So after about a week, I went and bought some oil to refill it and saw that the mechanic didnt put my wires back under the plastic cover properly. Now I cannot stand for that so I went to rerun the wires. Pulled them off and put them back nicely. Unfortunately I didnt notice I did it wrong. Cannot tell you which wire went to which cylinder but needless to say, when my brother-in-law went to move my car and drove it about 100 feet, it was running REALLLLLLLY bad. Once I realized what had happened, I looked up the proper sequence and fixed it (1-3-4-2).

Now it cranks just fine but wont fire up. I need help on possible issues. I bought 4 new plugs, put one on the end of one of the wires and cranked the engine for a second. No spark. Should I have seen a spark??? Could it be that I fried a solenoid or a relay? All my fuses look fine.

I can also say that when i pulled the #1 plug, it was coated in fresh oil. Like it was dipped in it. See attached pic.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Also, if anyone has a picture of how the wires are supposed to be run, I would like to see it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	plug.jpg Views:	110 Size:	43.0 KB ID:	13657  
jccaruso is offline   Reply With Quote