Thread: Parting Out Parting a 95 TI in CT
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
budget76

Default Parting a 95 TI in CT

Update 4/11/13:

Wheels/Tires and exhaust have been sold. Door panels have been parted out, still have a bunch of spare black standoffs.

M42 motor is just about stripped, ALL 4cyl parts are still available and ready to be packed up and shipped, including the full engine harness. Make me offers on anything.

Tranny is out, GM automatic, $150 for ALL auto tranny stuff. Tranny, hoses, cooler, shifter, torque converter, flex plate, etc. Everything automatic specific.

Steven, the rear speakers are still yours. I'm not pulling the rear apart until I start swapping the interior (after finishing the 6cyl swap), so figure a couple weeks unless I decide to do some clean work before that.

NOTE: PLEASE post what you're interested in in this thread, and let me PM you (or PM me if you agree on a price in the thread) when I get online so my PM box doesn't blow up. It's also easier to keep track of who is interested in what in thread format vs. PM's. Thank you.

Picked up a new chassis to swap my 6cyl manual and goodies into, rust got to the old one

I'm basically turning 2 complete TI's into 1. I'll be keeping all my drivetrain/diff/etc. from the current car. The recipient chassis is a 95 automatic.

Will definitely not be using:

Most of the interior. It has gray carpet/panels/etc, but black+gray millpoint seats with rear headrests. Couple burns/stains, but still in pretty good shape IMO and would clean up nicely. Gray door panels: drivers side was mangled to install a speaker in the stock tweeter location, passenger was as well but was done more cleanly. Rest of the interior is complete, will only be reusing a couple pieces. Cluster has 198k or so on it.

ALL 4cyl/auto trans related parts. The engine had internal issues (suspected timing chain failure), but the guy drove it daily prior to engine death. Alt, ignition, radiator, etc all for sale. I'm not a shop, just a guy trying to recoup some costs and will price accordingly.

Stock Suspension. Will be swapping over everything from my sig.

Body panels that will be available include 2 doors in hellrot with various scratches/dings, a rear hatch (not sure which I'll be using yet). The rest isn't really in good shape.

I've started disassembling the new 4cyl/auto Chassis. Currently pulled and available for sale are the radiator/electric fan/auto trans cooler setup, rad hoses (look pretty new), ignition coil pack (wires not pulled yet), and air intake/MAF (may be keeping the airbox, but the rest is for sale).

also have a set of stock 15's with BFG Touring TA's with 7/32" tread on all 4. I see no signs of camber wear (stock suspension). I'm seeing 9-11/32" new tread depth on sites, so they're pretty new.

Post/PM if looking for anything. Locals get priority, since I don't have to deal with shipping. I can get pics of anything, just ask.
1995 318TI base. 95 2.5L from 325IS. S50 cams+pistons, e36 M3 front brakes. H&R race springs F+R. Turner Motorsport front sway bars, M3 control arms. M Roadster rear sway bar. Racing Dynamics strut brace. e36 325i 5spd. 3.25lsd from e28 535is. M Roadster short shifter. Conforti chip.

Last edited by budget76; 04-11-2013 at 06:40 PM.
budget76 is offline   Reply With Quote