View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #14
rellubus

Default My BMW 318Ti Sport (Year 2000)

I guys, I am a new member to the forum and website and just glad I found this available on the net. Seems a lot of you guys no hell of a lot about the BMW 318Ti Sport, so that's why I have signed up and try to get your help. I bought My BMW 318Ti Sport (Reg Year 2000) February this year and as been on the drive since as I have not insured her yet but did start her up occassionaly with no problems, but I came out to fire her up (about 10 days ago) and there was NOTHING, NO Ignition lights, nothing worked just nothing when trying to turn the engine over. I got some jump leads, then turned the key and straight away fired up, left it for a good 30 minutes, turned the engine off, then tried to start the engine again, and the same thing happened, just dead. I have checked all battery terminal connections etc and everything seems tight and clean. I have checked the fuses but cannot see a blown one and the big plug in relay type fuses, I cannot tell if one of those are knackered, not sure how. I cannot open the boot either nor the fuel flap, so I had to climb into the boot to release and pull the release for the fuel flap to open, then I put more fuel in but still the same.(I only have one car key with the built in torch) Any ideas guys, i'm not mechanically mined but will have a go at testing things if you could walk me through it. Also I do know the battery is 2 years old. Your help is much appreciated Jase
rellubus is offline   Reply With Quote