View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 04:49 AM   #8
anassa

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvansickler View Post
Thanks for the input. I guess I should lean towards putting in a medium size Diff since eventually I want to put a turbo on the engine and pump up the HP. We are using the ti for autox and eventually for track for driving school so I think the clutch Diff is the way to go but will research the differences and pros/cons of each. What are the groups thoughts?
I was with a clutch type now going to torsion, so I should be able to tell you what I think once I decide to take it for a good drive - I am using torsion now mainly because the car is daily driven and I don't have to worry about wearing of clutch packs. They act different from each other and best would be to drive both and see what suits your needs. Also going medium size diff will give you much more options. Check out: http://www.bimmerdiffs.com/ for good prices and parts for rebuilding clutchpacks and going from the stock 25% lock to 40% - I think he is also on the forums here.

Good luck.

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote