Thread: Ebay m44 turbo?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #6
xxxJohnBoyxxx

I used this Ebay guy for my turbo parts. I hand selected what I wanted so this kit has a few things I don't use. I have installed this exact kit on a 318ti members car and it worked fairly well. I don't ever like using a RRFPR on any BMW FI setup since the DME does not adjust timing and open-loop AFR is way off. I like larger injectors, M3 MAF and some other things with a tune made for boost. 350hp and you motor won't last very long. I run a M42 block, M47 stroker crank and M44 head. My weakest part are my rods which are rated at 5--hp constant with spikes much higher. I have boosted in the high 20's and made stupid HP/TQ for a 4 cylinder. For a stock motor in good condition keep the boost around 15psi and you will be right around 280hp. 14psi of boost doubles your HP/TQ since you are ramming in twice the atmosphere pressure, add twice the fuel and you net twice the HP (Kind of a ruff way to estimate HP). The piping is standard not fitted so you need to make the cuts and assemble your piping (Easy if you know wwhat you are doing) I still have A/C in my car with 3" piping so I'm very happy with my turbo. Also remember Superchargers take up to 40% of your HP off the front crank pulley while a turbo might take 5%-10% of power lost in exhaust restriction

Last edited by xxxJohnBoyxxx; 11-11-2013 at 04:20 PM.
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote