View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
raamaudio

Having been to hundreds of various events and spoken with, over heard, observed, etc.... I agree with your view, mostly.....there are those that truly do not see much beyond the ends of their noses and they are the ones that concern me the most.

Making a car unsafe with poor handling, to much power, etc and then hooning around on public roads has led to many deaths, injuries and the law coming down on us more responsible enthusiasts.

Having been pulled over because my car had a bit larger exhaust tip, telling me it was because my car was to loud when indeed it was not loud at all, VERY LOUD harleys going by.....then getting a ticket, nearly arrested on the spot, having to see a judge, take my car back to stock(custom turbo system I built from intake to exhaust tip and it ran as clean as stock) then get it approved by a third party, 50 miles from me....total cost was hundreds of dollars....and a great deal of time when I already had a tough long hour job and a growing business to run. It was my demo car I hardly drove on the street but my CO wanted me to bring it in again so he could go for a ride.

Why did this happen when I was just cruising to work? Because of the ricer epidemic in the area, loud, flashy, oblivious to others endangerment, drivers with overly powered, ill handling cars had killed a few to many people on public roads.

I just had the headache and cost of that situation but also others like a few money grabbing tickets for no real reason other than funding the local out of control government. What about the families that lost the loved ones, damn.....

Drag racing, drifting, etc on public roads is done mostly by guys with cars overly lowered, skinny arse tires on fat wheels, to much power, etc.....so now we have to live with what they do, we all pay for their fun and some pay a very dear price.
raamaudio is offline   Reply With Quote