View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #12
MINIz guy

Vehicles

It's been a week and no big updates. I put on a perforated leather steering wheel wrap and new (used) door seal.

The extreme cold has made it unbearable in my garage with everything being below freezing. There is a whistle from the engine, and oil leaks are back again; I'm attributing this to a frozen PCV. The power steering fluid is also black and weeping. I bought new hoses to replace my vacuum lines and fluid leaks but I'm not going to replace anything now. I also need to clean the PCV...but not in this freezing weather.

I also have a small collection of body trim pieces to install. I have fender liners, brake ducts and fog light wiring to fix what the previous owner destroyed. I want to do new undercoating and to get rid of some surface rust, but the weather is way too cold for that too. Eventually, I'll buy some spray paint and 2K clear to rattle can the front bumper back to body color.

The list just keeps on growing with this car. I'm a little burnt out right now working on the car, and really disappointed I can't work on it more due to the frigid weather. I'm currently battling a cold that I got from working on this car so often...

2000 M5 -> 1996 318ti -> 1997 328i
Instagram: ndrewchow YouTube: MINIzguy
MINIz guy is offline   Reply With Quote