View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 03:41 PM   #44
AnuketTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamaudio View Post
If you want to set the car up for maximum handling you will need camber plates up front and some toe and camber adjustment in the rear. You would get a set of coilovers but the rears would still be separate springs and shocks but have height adjusters on the springs. True coilovers cannot be used without making the shock towers stronger or you would end up damaging them over time as not designed to call the full load there. I would also recommend sway bar upgrade and bushings.

If you just want to lower the car and make it right good, handle better and sit a bit lower then some good shocks and springs will do that for much less cost and setup time, tuning, etc....Bilstiens and some Eibachs, etc....good to go
I can get a good set of coilovers that will come with front adjustable plates for around $700 - $800. As you mention though, I would need to get shock / strut tower braces to avoid the mushroom effect that happens to these cars when the towers get stressed.

Then of course, there will be the issue with the rear to deal with.

I do indeed just want to lower the and reap the benefits of better handling so many shock and springs is the way to go. Not sure it will be for much less though - I can see a full set cost about the same as coilovers.
AnuketTi is offline   Reply With Quote