View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 10:08 PM   #26
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mharvey73 View Post
My wife sure is gonna love me buying the same part over again. I shouldn't have cheaped out the first time I guess. I'll give it a try and report back on how it does. Are we sure that it is a Bosch part though?

Thanks
Crank sensor is most likely good. The fuel pump will not turn on if the until the DME detects crank rotation via the crank sensor. I do believe you stated you have fuel pressure.

I would hate to see you throwing away money at a issue that is not related to the CPS.

I lost track of previous tests I might have posted to check.

Lets start with unloader function. Does the unloader work correctly? Do non essential items turn off while cranking the car. Easy check would be turn on windshield wipers and crank car over. Do the wipers stop working when cranking the car?

If you have some time to run through some easy tests we might be able to identify the issue without spending money on parts that are not the issue...

Also double check every fuse to ensure there is not a blown fuse. FYI there is a 7.5amp fuse that can cause your issue. I spent 2 solid days and over $100 with a no start issue before I decided to check the simple things.

Another thing is fuel injection. Can you remove the injector rail and have someone crank over the motor and verify the injectors are working, you will see the injectors pulse a small amount of fuel as the cylinder for said injector is on intake stroke. Please have water hose or something to put out a fire if the raw fuel is ignited

John S

Last edited by xxxJohnBoyxxx; 07-31-2014 at 10:13 PM.
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote