View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 01:38 AM   #1
Bimmer18us

Vehicles
Default Returning ti owner

Hello everyone,
I am Ryan McDonald and live in Navarre, FL.

A little background...I brought a 98 ti Fern Green Sport back from Germany with me back in 99' where I was part of the ti club in Ft Worth, TX. I did a lot to the car; Downing Atlanta SC, lightweight flywheel, SPEC Clutch, H&R/Racing Dynamics suspension. A/C Schnitzer mirrors, etc. I loved the car but my son came along in 2003 and it became unpractical (anyone trying to put a car seat in one would understand). I traded it in for an SUV and felt like I lost a part of my soul. Consequently, I actually saw it earlier this year here in Pensacola and contacted the owner as he was selling it. Unfortunately, he wanted more than I could afford so I passed. It was good seeing the car again.

In the meantime, I picked up and 89' E30 325i coupe and built it as a project and am about to finish it up after 10 years of work. Last week I happened across a 98' Silver California in need of a new home. I struck up a deal with the PO and will be bringing it home on Monday. I'm excited to be back into the ti world. I've always been a big fan of the E30's and ti's and am ready to give the California the attention it sorely deserves. It has a blown headgasket and the engine was tore down and left unassembled. The PO also used it as a parts car for the black interior but is giving me his old grey interior to put back into the car. All-in-all it needs a lot of work but will be a great long term project just like my E30. I'll post pics once I get it home and will keep the group updated on the build progress.

Thanks for having me everyone. I look forward to getting to know you and learning from each of you. I'll do my best to be a valued contributor as I was when I was on the old ti boards back between 1999-2003.

Ryan
Bimmer18us is offline   Reply With Quote