Thread: epiphany swap
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 09:27 AM   #543
anassa

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashaddict View Post
Haha, I thought this would just be a fun little summer project....like 3 summers ago. I could go with another hood, but this particular hood has some crucial benefits that a stock one doesn't. Those vents in conjunction with the aluminum underpanel should allow for better airflow through the engine bay, which will hopefully aide in cooling. Also the 20 or so pounds it saves as well as the battery relocation helps offset the added weight of the cooling system.....it was also super freaking expensive so I really can't not use it
Oh nice, I didn't know of the other benefits other then weight, that does help. Well since currently it does its functional job, making it look pretty - or painting it, doesn't seem like much of a priority, finish up what needs to be done, have it all together and then maybe see if you want to get it painted to match the rest. Ohhh and once everything is in place, get it on the scales to see how much it weighs- and F:R weight percentages, those would be interesting to see. I guess if you got it corner balanced they would show you all that info.

Its crazy to see how a "fun little summer project" has evolved.

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote