View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 01:11 AM   #43
95ClubSportti

Hey Guys,

I'm back in business over here!

After receiving the car back in August, I had an alignment done, bought a square set of 17" contours, and bought an M3 steering wheel.

In early September, I brought the car to Fine Tuning in Shoreline to have new brake pads put on the car, the steering wheel swapped, and new high temp brake fluid put in. I also noticed that the exhaust was very smokey and smelled like coolant. After a week in the shop, the guys told me that the motor head was junk. Apparently the head work that was done on 11/2013...did not hold up...? See this thread (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthrea...995+club+sport).

So what's the point? Well I the guys got a used head off a 98 M44 for me, and did a bunch of other maintenance as well. The point is, now the car is finally running well again! WOOHOO!

Here is what the work order looked like:

replace bulbs in brake light
install jack pads that were missing
replace and install new exhaust hanger
replace rubber stand off on exhaust bracket (both of them)
replace breather valve
Replace old head with used cylinder head
head bolt set
head gasket set
Kendall GT-1 oil 5.0
oil filter, 318ti
G11 Coolant 3.0
replace VCG
cooling hose connector
breather hose
twin connection switch
cooling hose connector
thermostat assy
air mass meter boot
Brake pads
Brake Fluid
Install steering wheel
Clean oil on bottom of trans
clean hpps hose and reservoir
new silblade wipers installed (3)

LOTS OF STUFF DONE! Will post some pictures soon.
Next step for me is to use a headlight kit on the plastic headlights. Clean the interior, and then save up for suspension parts. Does any one have some good tips for cleaning the millipoint seats? I was going to just use a brush with warm water some laundry detergent powder and some liquid dish soap (read an article online about doing that). Any specific recommendations for the seats?
95ClubSportti is offline   Reply With Quote