View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 07:51 PM   #16
Bwwaaaa

So I thought I'd update this thread. The car is currently sitting dead in my driveway. I went to Bimmerfest, had a great time, I didn't get a chance to meet anyone else from the forums unfortunately. I was either running around, or sleeping.

On the way home from Phoenix my car suffered what may ultimately kill it. We took this photo about an hour before I had to slam on my brakes thanks to a minivan not really paying attention.

After that the car was misfiring really bad, the check engine light had come on and I had to limp the car the rest of the way home. Anything over 3500 rpm would cause the car to buck and and become undrivable.

Since then I have tried reading the OBD2 port, but it refuses to establish a link. We've checked the wiring, the fuses and a bunch of other things and nothing really helps. I replaced the Cam position sensor, the brake booster check valve, and neither of those made a marked difference. I finally took it to a shop and they said they couldn't find any reason why I can't read the codes either.

I haven't really driven my car since Bimmerfest because of this. Basically I have two options at this point. Park the car for a while and start a swap later on, or bite the bullet and let BMW figure out what the hell happened to the wiring. This is beyond me at this point

I'll post again when I have a significant update, but as it stands right now I'm leaning towards getting rid of this car. It's definitely not fun when I can't drive my car every other month due to some sort of failure.

@speedlimitless
1998 318ti Build
Bwwaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote