View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 12:06 AM   #25
Bwwaaaa

So things have been slow obviously. I've spent the last few months just trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with the compact. First it was electrical issues, then a vacuum leak. I just couldn't get ahead while fixing it. Even now it runs, but not as well as it should.

After debating what to do with the car, I've finally settled on getting it ready to swap. Originally the plan had always been to S52 swap the car, but I ran into a good deal on a donor car. I found this 97 328i for next to nothing. ZF trans, and a few other good parts still left in the car. But the important part is the M52B28. After parting it out I should be ahead on the whole thing.

This thing has had a very hard life, but all of the stuff I need is still there. The plan is to yank out the M52 and ZF trans, refresh everything and upgrade where need be.

After everything I need has been pulled off of this sedan, it's off to be scrapped. The good news is, this car is meeting the end of it's life so that three others can continue on. So I don't feel too bad about junking it.

@speedlimitless
1998 318ti Build
Bwwaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote