View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 03:15 AM   #8
Speed25

I got a surprise today when I installed the PFC-08s that I plan to leave on the car. Because of the thicker (new) pads and the sliding caliper, the caliper did not clear the front wheel! They're Style 19s and won't be staying, but I have my first track day in it tomorrow 😳.

I got super lucky and found a Goodyear store that also does a lot of customer wheels right near my house. They had hub-centric spacers in multiple sizes and at good prices! I only needed 5mm, but I'd read that Apex and DForce wheels would need a 12mm up front with 255s, so I went ahead and got that size now. I even had some longer lugbolts in a box, so those worked, too.

Interesting though, I believe I'll need to do the rear brake upgrade listed above (e46/e82 bits and adaptors). While bedding in the new pads, I would EASILY lock the front wheels much too early. Yes, I want them to lock first (I don't use ABS), but there seemed way too much front bias. It was compounded by the ****ty current tires, which have little grip anyway.

But, bring on the "test day" tomorrow! I expect slippery tires and too much front bias; hopefully that's all, and I'll know what I need to do.

Thanks for all the help, guys.
Speed25 is offline   Reply With Quote