View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 08:12 PM   #29
anassa

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBMWs View Post
Thanks for the dual ear link. On my shopping list. Has anyone tried this with their TI?

I went with a 3.25 just to get a longer leg in the straights. My 3.45 with my suspension gave me enough for the twisties, but I was running short on the straights. The S52 should help a bit with that and if the 3.25 is not quick enough, I will swap it out and save the 3.25 for a street six I will put in the Cali.
Ahh I see ya that makes sense. I think with a 3.46 diff top speed is around 140? If I push my car a little its a during a quick canyon sprint on a very tight road so I get up to maybe 80mph max, most is 30-60, so the 3.46 works very nicely, but some longer legs for just cruising is nice too.

As for the dual ear conversion some member posted up the link of someone doing an LS1 swap 318ti:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QnNrhNOfxw
I forgot how I found out but around 9:45 mark you see he has it done for his car and he makes 400hp, but of course I have no idea how long it would last or help. For me I will probably just do it for some extra safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samdemange View Post
the only difference between a 318 ti is that the reduction of the power ( phase 2 of the system ) is managed by a second "inverted body throttle" upstream from the main BT

I'm pretty sure I had the second inverted throttle body on my 318ti too.

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote