View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 01:44 AM   #4
anassa

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroyon223 View Post
Hmmm good find, I'm not so sure now!
Maybe the wrong forum to post this, but two things have happened to the car today, I went to start it this morning and it wouldn't start, tried cranking it 3 times and it began cranking for a moment but then stopped abruptly, and the OBC started beeping because it thought it was -10 celcius, when it's about 20 here! Finally started... and ran on 3 cylinders for around 30 seconds until it cleared itself out. Since then it's been running like a dog when you leave the car and go to drive again, ticking in the valvetrain somewhere, until it clears itself out. No white smoke, or milky oil or water, so hopefully not a H.G/ coolant leaking in to a cylinder... Thinking it may be the timing chain/tensioner and or lifter assembly? As for the OBC and stuff playing up, who knows, fuses appear all ok, maybe the chip in the key playing up?
What have I gotten in to haha?
Wow strange gremlins you got there. I never had those problems so I can't help from my experiences, maybe someone else will chime in with their opinions. Ideas: check your plugs? wires?

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote