View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 03:40 AM   #10
robcarync

I GOT MY PARTS!

they look in great condition and i am very pleased!

me and my pops put in the rear springs and shocks tonight...since its the easy one. of course we went against what you guys said and we didnt have a spring compressor handy (we will definently have one for the front, but i heard that you can get away without one for the rears...) shocks were simple, and i made sure i got the new shock nuts to put on. the springs were difficult with no compressor but we managed to get them out/in.

while i was under there i also replaced the rear shock mounts since those have never been replaced.

so as of now i have tokico shocks and hr race springs in the back and stock up front...would it be ok to drive it like this til friday when we get the fronts put in?

it took probably about 3 -4 hours just for the rear, but that included a dinner break and not knowing exactly how to get the springs out with no compressor...with a spring compressor, it would have been cake for sure because trying to work the springs out of there took forever.\

so yeah, its a decent drop in the back, not sure on the official numbers but i think i read hr race springs drop about 2 inches rear and 1.5 front....so far ill agree its about that
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
robcarync is offline   Reply With Quote