Thread: Turtle Wax ICE
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 10:27 PM   #11
J!m

Vehicles

It depends on how often you wax.

If you wax often, and want the ultimate depth of shine, the (real) Zymol is tough to beat. BUT, it wears off very quickly. FYI Zymol found in Wal-Mart and others is made by Turtle wax and, is total ****. Check the address on the label if in doubt: Zurtle wax is from Chicago I think, the real deal is imported to Connecticut from Germany.Also, there are several 'flavors' of Zymol, specifically formulated for German, Italian and American paint types. Check with Car Care Specialties at 973-767-0035 for additional information.

If you are like me, and wax two or three times a year, need exceptional paint protection and very god depth of shine, go for the One Grand Blitz Wax. If applied properly (not too heavy) it is relatively easy to buff out. It has a high Carnauba content for excellent durability, and the depth of shine is excellent, as it is not clouded with excessive softeners or polymers.

My regimen:
  1. Wash thoroughly; if stripping the old wax, I wash with dish soap.
  2. Dry thoroughly; I use a California water blade, but have been warned it could scratch. Nice, old terry cloth towels and/or chamois are best- just watch the stitching on the edges of the towels as it can scratch.
  3. Depending on your car and skill level, mask the black trim to make clean up easier.
  4. Clay bar, if needed. This should not be done even every year, just when absolutely needed (when the clean, dry paint feels 'rough' to the touch). I use Zymol Detail as my lube with the bar. This is essentially an abrasive procedure, so you are removing clear coat (along with the crap) every time you do it, so don't do it often, or you will be re-painting...
  5. Apply (by hand- my actual clean, bare hand) 3M Imperial Hand Glaze to reduce the light scratches and give the 'wet look'; buff off with clean terry cloth or flannel cloths, changing often.
  6. Apply the one grand blitz wax (with a microfiber applicator, by hand- no machine) and buff with terry or flannel; repeat if desired.
  7. Use the Zymol Detail over the top for the final 'bling', buff with terry or flannel.
This is typically an eight hour procedure for my ti. The interior is another eight hours...

Oh, yeah. Don't go in circles with any of these products/procedures. Follow the air flow over the car. This way, any scratches/swirl marks you make will be less visible.

Order Swap Manuals Here => http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12912

WolferJ- gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote