View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 12:03 AM   #24
robcarync

Quote:
just got to hold it there it will turn over
if i hold the key in the ignition, (which is what im assuming you mean), it will not crank...you just hear the 'whirrrrrrr' sound from the starter motor spinning and spinning and spinning but not turning anything. again this is what it sounds like...i havent had a chance to really check anything out...but on the times it doesnt crank...if you hold the key it will not start eventually...you just hear the starter spinning until you turn the key back off and try again.

i think i know what you mean though because it has happened in the past that sometimes you turn the key and nothing happens but if you continue to hold the key, the engine will crank after a little delay...but this is different...you turn the key and nothing happens no matter how long you hold the key.

so far ive ruled out battery and spark plugs...ill have to check into the fuel pump relay...im pretty sure the cars gonna be going to the shop...im still thinking its a starter but id feel more comfortable just letting a professional check it out.
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
robcarync is offline   Reply With Quote