View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 07:52 PM   #5
Budget M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 318ti_Portugal View Post
I have M3 front brakes. I will be saying goodbye to them for now...
My M3 brake setup and my M Kountours will be going to sit on the garage and in will come 325i front brakes with 6,5X15 forged alluminium wheels with 205/60/15 yokohama tyres.

THe reason is the handling and upsprung weight... The kountours are really heavy, especially the 8,5 rear ones... The M3 iron calipers and huge discs are too heavy also and the 235 tyres are just too much rubber for a ti... I cannot power oversteer no more...

regards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Machine View Post
wow.. I am running 235 width tyres on Michelin Pilot sport rubber.. and I can poweroversteer with no problem
If by "power oversteer" you mean drifting, then yes, 235 is too much tire for the ti. However, if you want to drive fast, especially on a track, then 235's all around are IMHO the perfect size. They allow the car to rotate nicely entering a turn, and provide much more bite than 225's upon exit (keeping the "old E30-style" trailing arm suspension in line).