View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 06:49 PM   #1
Soldo

Default Not the same old questions.... sort of!

Hey guys, i was just wondering a few things. I've been driving a 95 325i for about 4 years now and the car has served its time. I'm looking at a 95 ti, and the main reason i'm interested in it, is because i would use my car as a donor! So these questions, although i'm sure have been answered a million times before, please help me out, as i would be doing the entire swap on my own and i just wanna make sure i know what i'm getting into!

From what i've been told, the 4dr dash swaps right into a ti with little or no harm. Is this correct? Also, is it possible to convert the car so that i keep the dual climate control from my 325i? What else can i keep with my 325i dash, can my 11 OBC be functional as well?

The brakes i know i the front calipers just bolt on, so i got my front brakes covered. What about the rears? Are there any OEM options to getting some vents and bigger discs in the rear? E30 M3?

Now, here comes the questions you guys are usually use to with engine swaps. I plan on rebuilding my M50 motor (its the cheapest route, since i already have the engine) and then throwing it in the Ti. So here goes the questions......
-if i have everything for the engine swap will i basically end up with the same 325i that i'm used to with everything functional (what codes will show up on my Peake code reader, ti codes or 325 codes?)

-Since the tranny's are the same on the both cars, i will use the Ti tranny since it has less mileage on it and it runs better, but what would/should i do with the clutch? The 325 has a bigger clutch, should i swap that one into the Ti, or will i be okay running the Ti clutch with the M50 motor?

-In regards to the rear end...... Do E30 diffs just swap on? I have access to a VERY inexpensive LSD from a E30, and will that just bolt onto the Ti or are the ti diffs just SIMILAR to E30's?

- If i can swap the E30 diff, what must be done with the driveshaft, since i'm using the stock Ti tranny?

Also, has anyone else gone from a 6 banger E36 (2dr or 4dr) to a Ti? How is it? A couple people are telling me that its QUITE the change and not in a good way, but i'm lookin at the bigger picture!

If you guys can help me with any of this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote