View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #8
tylerwillingham

I did actually watch the coolant boil out of the cap. I let the car run at idle for about 5 or more minutes. My fan was coming on without the air conditioning quite often. At least I think my air conditioning has been off. I can't feel anything coming out of the vents. But a previous owner also carelessly put the wrong sticker over my knob to control the speed of the fans. I have red to blue temperature control sticker where my sticker should be for the different types of AC. I'll take a picture later to explain that.

Anyway, yes I saw the coolant overflow from underneath the cap and I am missing a lot of fluid now. My thermostat housing also had a crack in it that I found once my dad and I removed the housing to change the thermostat. I have a new housing on the way from a local BMW dealer that will be here Tuesday (was supposed to come this morning) and the gasket for that housing so I can't really run the car until then.

But once I get that all together, you're saying just try to bleed it? And my puller fan should not actually come on anyway? And, if I got air in my coolant system that could be the result of my coolant boiling out of the reservoir?
tylerwillingham is offline   Reply With Quote