View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 03:26 AM   #7
cocofunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowBimma View Post
Something else I tell people is not to over tighten their small fasteners for these gaskets. Most only torque to 7-15 ft-lbs which is usually done by hand. You do more harm than good when you over tighten because now you've pinched a brand new gasket and are still leaking oil.
All Great suggestion as well as this one.

I just started tackling the entire rear and dropped the exhaust and undid the entire rear. The rear subframe is ready to drop, I just need to buy 2 more jack stands to actually drop it.

Now that I have been inspecting and might go 24v in the future, I am just going to do everything now.

SS lines
rear wheel bearings
pads
diff flush/refill with redline
75d akg poly subframe and diff bushing
trailing arm bushings
rear sway
rear sway bar bushing links
z3 rear shock mounts
center support bearing
missing anything that I "should do while there"?

Question about the bushings... I hear different philosophies. I know a guy (super fast and experienced - as well as material science engineer) who runs stock/softer bushings in places which are on a hinge (i.e. trailing arms) and runs harder bushings (i.e. polyurethane, solid) in places which are stationary (i.e. subframe, diff bushing). What is your perspective on this? I think it makes sense for absorption/dampening. I was thinking of doing the same.

Ahhh yes - and should I do the rear reinforcement stuff too? Is it necessary? Rear Camber adjustment, reinforcement tabs, etc.

Last edited by cocofunk; 02-13-2018 at 03:29 AM.
cocofunk is offline   Reply With Quote