View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 12:29 AM   #19
mgbman69

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
Well in that case, maybe she has a blown headgasket. Perhaps her tires are under inflated. Who knows, maybe the A/C needs to be recharged. It's random to suggest his starter is bad knowing that the car runs fine after being jump started but the battery only reads 9v across the terminals. Lets be serious here. If you were in her shoes, given that the battery tested good, the car runs once jumped and the battery is only reading 9v, would you assume it's your starter that's bad? The car is either running off of the battery due to a bad alternator or the alternator isn't producing enough voltage because of a bad engine ground. I don't know how you guys figured a starter into the equasion. I will say that if the OP drives the car in it's current condition, she will more than likely kill the battery and need to replace it as well as whatever is causing the problem in the first place.
Yes I would think the starter is bad..... I had the EXACT same symptoms and results with my car. ALL problems were fixed with a new starter.

I don't know what your problem is, but if you don't agree just say so and offer your opinion as to what Times problem is.
Your rant is not productive to fixing his problem.
mgbman69 is offline   Reply With Quote