Thread: M50 TU Swap
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 07:00 PM   #1
Drew325ti

Question M50 TU Swap

Group-

Last summer I completed a M50TU engine swap in to my E36/5. I could not have done the swap with out both the 325is and the 318ti. I had maybe about 3 grand into both cars, that includes the purchace and fixing both cars. I love my "new" 325ti, but I have some issues with it starting. I think that it is something electrical, but the car seems to be running rich at start up. The E36/5 body is a '96, and the engine is OBD I (82,000 miles old). I can get the car started by feathering the gas or rolling it down the hill that I live on and popping the clutch in 1st gear ( I cant be doing that too much more, it seems unhealthy!). Sometimes if I hold my mouth right, she starts right up. Once she is going.... man... she goes! The engine was running fine before I pulled it, no trouble starting.

I have replaced the fuel pressure reg, both pumps are from a 325is, the tank is a stock 318ti. I have Bosh Plat. 2 plugs in there, along with a Green (simular to a K&N) square replacement filter.

Could ya'll help me out on what this prolbem could me? Did I forget to swap something? Could I have a bad injector? Or is there a electrical gremlin?