View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 03:39 AM   #15
BMWannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleniek View Post
Yes, this is a good checklist. I wrote everything down and intend to attempt exacts once I get through finals this week. The short story is that I found a well-cared for ti in original condition that had become displaced, so I quickly shoved it into storage before anyone could turn it into another "project". In the meantime, here's what I know:

It has had 7 total owners before me and the most recent two were aerospace engineers. Nasa is right around the corner and I'm a scientist moving into management. The most recent owner bought this car for his inlaws, from his boss. This guy's inlaws are Ukranian and were planning to move to central Florida but the plan fell through due to their house not selling. They decided to wait for the market to change, so the move was postponed indefinitely. Meanwhile, this guy had already got the car fully prepped for their arrival. When I came upon it, it was parked next to a restored american muscle car in a detached garage. Everything was so OCD clean you could eat off the floor. The scenario made no sense until I met his wife... very much European. It was her parents that it was intended for, so he went about the maintenance as if his life depended on it. I don't know exactly when, but it appears that the water pump was replaced very recently. There is no oil leaking anywhere on the engine, but I do not know when those seals were last replaced. Using this forum, I had recently replaced the filter housing and valve cover gaskets on one of my other ti's, so that was the very first thing I looked at. Suspension and struts are good, but don't know when last replaced. No rust whatsoever. I drive it for fun only when it's nice out. It's dreamy compared my other two ti's, has a sunroof and everything works... so going for a drive in this one is like taking a vacation. Even though it has bounced around through several owners, it is apparent that they were all responsible adults that took care of it. In fact, it's the first one I've ever seen in person that wasn't hacked up. Thanks for your inquiry, Locus7! -Rick
YOU are the type of Seller i would like to have when i buy my 318ti from in the Future ....Rick if your ti was red or another color ...I would have seriously considered buying the car from you ....The fact that it doesnt have RUST is a huge plus in my book ...Being from the northeast ..its hard to find rust free cars
BMWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote