View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:58 AM   #7
BimmerBum

Vehicles

I think you are on the right track with the cooling system so I will not go into detail there.

As for the suspension if you have any intent of doing any track events (and the rules for your class allow) do not go with stock bushings. If you are looking to retain 'stock' feel there are OEM options. Personally, I feel that urethane is perfectly acceptable on a dual purpose car. The most direct impact on ride quality is your shock/strut and spring combo. Bushings (especially the ones you have listed) have more of an indirect impact on ride quality.

For suspension I would start with:

Centered pre-pressed solid lower control arm bushings and a rear bushing kit like the one I carry here. This combo will give you much better feel while maintaining ride quality. It is also the proper foundation to lay before (or in conjunction with) any shock and spring combination.

As for transmission and engine mounts I would go with some OEM options.

OEM Lemforder Motorsport Engine Mounts
OEM Motorsport transmission mounts

While you are there you will also want to take a look at your flex disk or guibo (the bushing between the transmission and the drive shaft).

I have successfully helped other members of this forum down the same path you are on. Feel free to give me a call to discuss. Ed 772.215.4069

SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!

www.BimmerBum.com ALL NEW!
318ti Specific Parts For Sale
www.facebook.com/BimmerBum

BMWCCA #132203
95 318ti Club Sport
98 318ti Active S50 Swap

BimmerBum is offline   Reply With Quote