View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
BimmerBum

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreroc View Post
Thanks for the input and help guys. I had looked all over realoem and all the e36/e46 were showing the same part number, which is in one of the attached photos. Did you (mtblue) end up with a different set screw than the one in the photo?

I attached a pic of the rotor too, I don't know if it will help. The set screw is roughly 4 threads too long.

So, the original issue was a scraping/grinding coming from the brake when slowing down from ~10mph and under. The pads have ~20k mi on them. I checked out the pads and they're in good shape; the only thing amiss I noticed was the set screw was missing.
You have the right parts there. Not sure if this is obvious (if so, I apologize in advance) but in the picture of the rotor, the rotor is not aligned with the hole for the set screw. Turn the rotor until you see the hole in the rotor line up with the hole in the hub.

Additionally, a missing set screw will not cause any issues at all when the car is going down the road with all the wheels tight.

SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!

www.BimmerBum.com ALL NEW!
318ti Specific Parts For Sale
www.facebook.com/BimmerBum

BMWCCA #132203
95 318ti Club Sport
98 318ti Active S50 Swap

BimmerBum is offline   Reply With Quote