View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 05:50 AM   #4
lkwd318ti

To the seller, a few questions people might ask:
When was the last time the water pump and belts changed?
Does the A/C blow cold?
Are there any known problems?
Is it the original clutch? If not, when was the last time it was changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
Who cares? I'm just pointng something out to the OP and potential buyers. There's nothing RARE about these cars.

This guy just bought one:
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17878
Here's one for sale:
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17828
windnsea00 is selling his:
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17557
and these are just a few black sports being bought and sold HERE RECENTLY, not to mention mine and a few hundred others. Do you guys even look at the craigslist and autotrader feeds posted here daily? There's tons of ti's for sale, it's not really that big of a deal and I'd say that a 5 speed Sport 318ti is hardly rare. I found mine on ebay for $4150 with 130k miles and a new motor, original owner, clean title, non-smoker, maintenance records, no accidents and the whole bit. It was a great deal and well worth the plane ticket and the long drive back from Ann Arbor Michigan. People seem to think that these cars are rare and try to use that as a selling point, but honestly they're not any harder to find than say an old Cadilac or a Geo Metro(if someone was seriously looking for a specific color model and trim package). Whenever a car goes out of production, of course you can't expect to go to a used car dealership and have a huge selection and plenty of choices, you have to search a little. Logging onto a 318ti forum and trying to pass your car off as a rarity is a joke. Don't kid yourself, we know exactly how rare our cars are.
haha dude,
I've been in the ti scene way longer than you and I'm pretty sure I know the value of our cars. As I mentioned earlier, I've been looking for one for a LONG TIME, and went to autotrader, craigslist, cars.com religiously searching for a car.
I was about to buy windnsea00's car, but someone beat me to it the day before I was going to check it out the other week. Although that car was in GREAT condition, that car had an accident on it according to the CarFax.
You're looking at it at a nationwide perspective, hundreds of 318tis compared to thousands of other E36s...still hard to find if you ask me. Try looking for one here in SoCal, 5-speed sport, and if you find one, tell me. The ones you showed me were...In Texas, Richmond, and SD (but Sold already). ahh and yes, I saw this one on autotrader, but it think it's way overpriced
The OP used the word rare. Check out that area and look for other tis for sale over there.
A mechanic friend of mine came with me earlier to check out that ti I was about to buy, and told me that he was also looking for one, and he told me that they're rare and hard to find.
Go to autotrader, craigslist or what not.
Search for a 328i or 328is, or even and M3.
Then go search for a 318ti, you'll see what I mean.
Sure, a 318ti base is easy to find, but a nice sport is pretty damn hard to find...
Think what you think, but I'm 100% sure that they're rare.
Let's see...Dayton OH...
Autotrader search, ZIP code 45424, range: 200 mi, 9 results, all AUTOMATIC, all nonsports.
Craigslist search, click on EVERY SINGLE CITY on the left, the only ti posted in his area is his car.
yeah, they're rare.

-Randy

(Steve, if you find this inappropriate, feel free to delete my post and previous posts, I just don't like to see negative comments when someone tries to sell something.)
Now Featuring:318ti.org sticker Now featuring: Hartge exhaust|Blacked out Grilles|Front Clear Corners or Ambers depending on how I feel|325is vented front brakes|Bilstein Sports|H&R Sports|E46 RSMs w/ Z3 reinforcment plates|16" Style 45s|17" E46 M68 rims|18" Authentic Hartge Classics C|OEM M135 ZHP wheels
and
99 Titan Silver 323is Dinan S1+few more mods
Coming sometime in the future:...SCed 2.1...new (to me) car mod maybe?...all in one car