View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 06:47 AM   #5
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkwd318ti View Post
haha dude,
I've been in the ti scene way longer than you and I'm pretty sure I know the value of our cars.Try looking for one here in SoCal, 5-speed sport, and if you find one, tell me. The ones you showed me were...In Texas, Richmond, and SD (but Sold already).
You've been a member of this forum longer than me, but this is my 4th e36, second Ti and I can't even begin to tell you how many cars I've bought, driven and sold in the past 15 years I've been driving. But that's besides the point. As with any car that's 10+ years old and hasn't even been imported into our country for the last 8 years, you're not going to find one on every car lot or street corner. What's the chances of finding a 199x Toyota Supra with exactly the options you want, color, clean history etc. for sale locally? Like I said, I flew to Michigan for mine. And just because every black ti sport with a 5 speed tranny and clean title isn't for sale at this very moment does not mean that it is a rare car. Buying a used car that is no longer in production isn't always easy to find exactly what you want. It's not like you could just go to the dealer and order a new one. You have to search and be patient, and yes you'll probably have to travel. How many Pontiac Trans Ams and Fieros do you see daily? They sold hundreds of thousands of them back in the 80's, are they rare? No, they were junk and fell apart. Most people put them to rest in junkyards, but I'm sure if you searched you could find one for dirt cheap. The chances of finding one down the street from your house in perfect condition with only the options you're interested in is slim, but it's not by any means rare. This is a stupid argument and I vote for deletion also, but geez, some people seriously need to do a reality check.

Edit; I've deleted my own posts because I don't need Steven to do it for me. You guys know exactly what I'm talking about and you could play your stupid little goody goody ass kissing games all you want. Later.