View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 06:11 PM   #336
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny318 View Post
can you temporarily force the wastegate closed by putting something solid in place, to see how high the boost goes? That will let you know if its the turbo or the wastegate
I can but I'm not going too. Just to get to the wastegate I have to remove A/C lines, Turbo oiling system and oil cooler, coil packs and ignition wiring. It's burried and a total Birch to get on the v-band with two people...1 on top pushing it down with all their might and me under the car trying to get the v-band around both lips in a mess of exhaust heat wrap...I f'en itched for 2 days after that bs and I'm not taking the A/C apart again unless the motor comes out for a Garrett GT30R BB water cooled turbo. I had to end up taping the A/C compressor suction line bolt since there was no room for the nut under the bolt trick.

I'm going to crank down the manual top adjustment on the wastegate all the way down and really pre-load the springs to see what happens. Currently pulling a vacuum on the A/C for the 4th time getting ready to charge it...Hope it's the last time
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote