View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 08:24 AM   #11
projekt EPiK

Job is finished. Took about an hour of careful work and lots of cleaning out the thread shavings. Installed the magnetic drain plug from BimmerBum and it turned right in, all the way with my fingers. Torqued it and no more leaks.

Unfortunately the oil filter housing bushing and gasket didn't show in time, so that is a job for another day.

Anyone interested, I will post pics as soon as my photobucket stops screwing with me on this computer.

The kit to do this job is now on sale.. buy it outright for $50.00 and sell it on when you are done, OR.. pay me $50, I send you the kit, you install one thread insert/fix one drain plug, ship it back to me in the same condition I sent it to you minus one insert, and I'll refund you $35.00..then pass onto the next DIY'er.

Not making money on this deal, just covering the cost of the kit, and shipping is $5.25 in a small flat rate USPS box.

FWIW.. I used this on a stock oil pan, no oversize drain plug used, just stripped stock threads. Now it uses a stock size drain plug again.
projekt EPiK is offline   Reply With Quote