Thread: Biolite's Build
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 02:28 AM   #1
Biolite

Default Biolite's Build

Hey all,

I’ve been on here for many years, enjoyed all the threads and advice from people, but never really had anything to show off myself. I’ve had this car for 20 years now and finally getting around to what I want to do with it. Some may think I’ve gone off the deep end with this, but oh well – I’ll get it sorted out.

I’ve always wanted slightly more power in this thing and have gone back and forth between a S52 swap and turbo. Several years ago I came across Gizmo’s thread on bfc where he used the M47d20 crank to build a stroker motor and then saw that these were popping up on m42club.com as well. So I kept my eye out and picked up a M47 crank for a good price a few years ago. I then started amassing other parts based off of builds that have been done to create my own.

This is the plan so far:
M44 block, bored to 86mm
M47 crank (88mm stroke)
S50B30 euro pistons cut down to gain the same TDC height as the M44 pistons
Honda GSR rods
M42 head
Expecting a static compression of 11:1

Back in September I decided to do a clutch change (original as far as I know) and got under the car and it was just a mess of grease and dirt on the transmission and engine. This combined with a cooling leak I had been struggling with for the past couple years, I decided it was time. Here are some shots on what has been going on so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	engine_pull.jpg Views:	222 Size:	94.0 KB ID:	18159   Click image for larger version Name:	engine_stand.jpg Views:	230 Size:	83.4 KB ID:	18160   Click image for larger version Name:	valve_cover_off.jpg Views:	219 Size:	97.6 KB ID:	18161  

Click image for larger version Name:	head_off.jpg Views:	224 Size:	51.8 KB ID:	18162   Click image for larger version Name:	pistons_out.jpg Views:	220 Size:	78.4 KB ID:	18163