View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 09:23 PM   #78
anassa

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GmbH View Post
Converting my ‘97 Ti front suspension to M3 spec. I have ‘96-99 Front spindles to convert the brakes and E30 M3 control arms. I plan on using E36 M3 front struts & sway bar. I’m not sure if I should go with Z3M or M3?
Very little information available between the two but I think the Z3M struts are slightly shorter which might be fine because I plan on running lowering springs. Turns out the Z3M are slightly less expensive but cost doesn’t matter I just want to get the right set up.
From what I understand the there is no difference. Especially if you are going with lowering springs anyways, might as well get a set of used e36 m3 struts, which should be easy to find, buy a set of Koni Yellow single adjustable inserts, bring it a to a place to do it for you and you will be set with whatever lowering or stock springs you use.

Only thing I am not sure of is the e30 m3 lower control arm (LCA), if it is similar spec to the regular e30 LCAs - except being aluminum - you might want to run the offset LCAs to get a bit more caster, which will also be closer to the M stock suspension geometry.

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote