View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 08:08 PM   #5
tengohambre

Default response

The system isn't designed yet to fit in our engines, so I am trying to see if there would be interest in this system, so he would have a reason to make one. Nothing is being sold yet, just seeing who is interested. If there is enough interest in the system, then my plan is to get one from him, install it on my car, do some dyno and smog tests then post the results for you guys to see and then you can decide if you want to buy it.

I have an m42 engine, so that is why I am interested in a system for the m42. For him to design a system for the m44, it would be a little different than the m42 because of the larger displacement, so there would also need to be sufficient support for the m44 for him to make a system for it, but he states that his system can be applied to most cars.

About VANOS. I am pretty sure that we have a vanos unit that works on the intake valves, but we do not have the double vanos that works on both the intake and exhaust valves. If you go to the DASC website, it even states that the vanos unit is removed when installing the DASC, so I'm guessing that that's a good sign that we do have vanos.

Note: Although there is a good chance that you're going to increase in max hp and max torque, you probably won't gain nearly as much max torque as the DASC system. What you will gain is much higher torque in the lower ends and and a boost in the higher end, without sacrificing torque in the midranges. This means that the torque will be relatively constant throught the powerband, while if you look at the dynos for the DASC system, it is peaky. Also, your drop off point for power is going to be significantly higher, meaning that if your engine can handle the higher revs, then you will make higher max hp (quite possibly on par or greater than the dasc). If there is enough support for the system, then hopefully I can run a comparison test between the two systems.
tengohambre is offline   Reply With Quote