View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 09:21 AM   #5
minimike

Vehicles

21 Nov 2013
So my spacers arrived yesterday...

But on the way to the lock up to fit them the Drive shaft decided it didn't want to be attached anymore, but rather than the drive shaft joint breaking it took the bolts with it and snapped them off in the diff housing which was helpful. Rather than trying to get the studs out I've brought a new open diff for £50 which I'm going to get welded (pics to follow)
I've also already brought a new drive shaft for £20 of eBay and a poly diff mounting

Whilst I was fighting like hell to get the drive shaft out last night so I could one wheel wonder it home, I also discovered that the rear beam had a lot of play in it and could be moved up and down! so as the rubbers are shot and the as diff and everything has got to come out I'm going to change them too but the powerflex bushes are £70! I'll probably end up buying them though as most of it is going to be poly now. Also think one of the rear wheel bearings is on its way out so will be getting a new one of them too. going to be a lot of work considering all I went up there for was to fit some spacers! Lol

22 Nov 2013

Got some new tyres for the rear AGAIN £60 something delivered for the pair though can't complain, and the ones I take off are going to be put on the white borbets backwards for some cheeky skids

minimike is offline   Reply With Quote