View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 05:22 AM   #12
davidkillion

I shopped for awhile and finally purchased these off of eBay for quite a good price. The seller was: autobahndismantlinginc. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT I was nervous about buying them from these guys - but the seller feedback was good. It all worked out well and I have a legitimate invoice/receipt to enforce the lifetime warranty.

I did not measure before putting them on, so all I cannot tell you exactly the difference in height. However, I can tell you this:

1) The car could be lowered another 1.5" in the front compared to the picture early in this thread - but that would be completely unreasonable. There is no way you could drive it at the lowest possible position in the front. In fact, I raised the car up another 1/4" in the front (as represented by the pictures in this post) to keep it from pounding the speedbumps in the Safeway parking lot.

2) The back is not low enough even at the lowest setting. I am going to have to remove the threaded nuts off of the perch to get it down another 1/2" (which will make it much more difficult to raise again if I need to). However, I am going to wait another month before doing this to see exactly how far the springs settle.

3) Adjusting the shocks in the back is easy - you can even reach around without laying on the ground. The front is pretty easy to, just put the wheel at full lock to the left and reach in to adjust the left strut, then full lock to the right and do the right one. Much easier than I expected.

4) I autocrossed the car this weekend. The verdict: Absolutely amazing! Turn-in is SOOOO much better - it is a whole new car. Also, I am able to steer the car with the throttle now and also able get the rear to whip around during transitions from one turn to another. Before next autocross I will be lowering the front another 1/2" for the event only. Because, as you can see in the pics, there is still some roll. If that doesn't stiffen it up I may need to put some sway bars in it.

Now I need to get those 400 Treadwear tires off and replaced with some 180s to really make this suspension come alive.

2006 Harley-Davidson Street Glide

Last edited by davidkillion; 04-12-2010 at 05:48 AM.
davidkillion is offline   Reply With Quote