View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 02:46 PM   #39
AquaCali

Default Airbag Light

As a result of a recent experience with the Airbag light on my wifes Z3 I thought I would post this for my fellow Ti owners since they also suffer from the known issue with wiring on the seat belt receptacle for the tension charge, I was told that it has to do with the connector between the seat belt receptacle and the body harness. BMW sells a upgraded harness which requires replacing the portion from the connector on the tension charge to the body connector and a piece that has to be replaced on the body harness, due to the upgraded harness having a moisture resistant connector between the receptacle wiring and the body harness. Because the codes I was getting indicated that the passenger seat receptacle need to be replaced and the drivers seat wiring needed the upgraded harness, I ordered 2 of the upgraded harnesses and sent both receptacles to Safety Restore https://www.safetyrestore.com/?utm_s...paign=map_logo to have them both "restored". Once the restored receptacles and upgraded harnesses were installed, I had the codes cleared and no more Airbag light.
AquaCali is offline   Reply With Quote