View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #9
Mallard

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoNew View Post
i talked to the guys at the bmw parts counter when they ordered my crank sensor, after they handed me a cam sensor...... I told them it was the wrong part, and the guy said it happens all the time cuz bmw calls both the cam and crank sensors "pulse generators". he said it's easy to get it wrong in the computer.

That got me thinking about it, and when i removed the original sensor the mounting plate was bent. thought it was just offset original. it wasn't. when I got the new o-ring and sensor, i knew EXACTLY what it was. I wish I would have taken pics, but it is such a huge pain to do, i just wanted to get it done.

I searched and searched, but found nothing, so i hope someone else has a questioning attitude next weird issue they run into. the worst part is it cost me well over a hundred bucks and a few hours in the driveway, and months of aggravation for a .40 cent O-ring. AND i hate when people post an issue and don't follow up on the solution. that pisses me off.
strange really, because BMW dontī"call" anything at all, its ALL done by numbers!

so if the guy gave you the wrong one, its because he didnt know what to look for..

im glad you got it sorted out fella

Vin Number decode and Retrofit Pdfs Available Free ! Just PM
Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote