View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 02:18 PM   #59
Speed25

I used his kit with all M3 stuff. I bought re-manufactured calipers (even powdercoated red!) and new rotors from Rock Auto super cheap; I saw no need for sourcing and pull-it yard stuff.

The only two issues I’ve had are losing the parking brake (track car...more weight gone!) and the short flex line issue. My solution on that was to run the calipers on the opposite sides of the car so the (stock size, but SS braided) lines reach the caliper fittings. This works fine, EXCEPT you have to pull the caliper to bleed the rear (the fittings are aimed down and are lower than the high spot). Eventually, I’ll source some 90-degree brake fittings and swap the calipers back; that will simplify the bleeding.

I’m also going to add a proportioning valve since I have no ABS and there’s a little too much rear bias with my gutted setup (very light rear).