View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 09:51 PM   #17
BMW_Hatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracker red View Post
That IS exactly how people scam other people using paypal. Paypal won't do a damn thing about it, their TOS don't matter, there is no protection using it. I've shipped items to people, had a tracking number and a delivery confirmation, and still got screwed over on a chargeback...all while the buyer text'd me telling me he was screwing me over.

Use a credit card when buying something with paypal, that way YOU can do the chargeback yourself and PP can kiss your grits.
(sorry to OP for going OT)

I was not reffering to credit card usage or chargebacks, I was shedding light on the situation of a buyer opening a claim, and the seller trying to clear his/her account to try and make away with the money thinking that if its not in their account then the buyer won't be accommodated. In the case I am speaking about, when a buyer opens a claim on a transaction, paypal automatically deducts the claim amount from the the sellers balance, even if there are no funds in their account (it will show up negative). In this case, paypal will decide who wins (most likely the buyer because paypal is al about customer service), if the seller does not have any funds in their account, paypal will still award the buyer, and add the deficit to the sellers account, so they will then owe paypal and their account will be restricted until it is redeemed.

I will agree that Seller protetion on paypal is a joke, I remember forwarding an email from ebay to paypal stating that a user was fraudulent, and they still sided with him. It was a huge set back for me, so I know how it feels.