View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 10:56 PM   #1
mohaughn

Default 1995 318ti supercharged project car

Hey everyone. I'm going to be starting work on a 318ti project car that has recently been retired from daily use. So the Ti is mine to make a weekend driver/autocross car out of...

I'm leaning heavily right now towards supercharging the car. I'm following all of the forced induction threads around the MASC, DASC, and the SEAM superchargers pretty closely. Getting 200 to 220+ rwhp out of this car will put me right where I want to be to learn the car in a track environment. Anything other than a stage 3 supercharger(with cooling) or an M3 engine swap isn't going to give me what I'm looking for. The engine swap has the potential for more power but it is a little above my abilities and would rack up a lot of labor costs.

My question to all of the other members is how much have people modified the cooling systems on the 1995 318ti? I'll be going to events in Florida mostly so the extra heat added by a supercharger is a big concern.

Do any of the E36 inline 6 oil cooling systems work with easy modifications on the m42 engine?

What about doing a fan delete kit and using an electric aux. fan? I've read that some people have clearance issues with certain intakes and the DASC kit. Does anybody have experience with aftermarket aliminum e36 radiators and eaton based supercharger kits?

I've emailed several of the companies that are selling supercharger kits to get their input on the best way to approach this project. But most of them seem to be running their products on otherwise stock vehicles.

And the final question.. Is anybody on here that is running a supercharger also running a pulley configuration that is underdriving the alternator and completely deleting the AC? I'd also be interested in any experiences using electric power steering systems.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote