View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 02:12 AM   #13
slacker

Cooling should not be a problem at sea level in FLA with a new stock radiator and BMW coolant. Make sure the water pump and thermostat was replaced and the hoses are good. I have a 95 Sport with DASC and have run Buttonwillow in sothern CA and ThunderHill in Willows CA (105 degrees in the shade) and had no cooling problems.
I've had the car to Infineon, Lagun Seca, Portland's PIR, and Seattle/Kent's Pacific Northwest Raceway. The first changes made to the car were for safety. Brakes, coilover suspension, new tie-rods control arms and bushings. New front and rear wheel bearnings. Especially front, if running larger tires. I have SS brake lines and high temp fluid. I went with 3" cooling ducts to the front but that is because I went with a Brembo BBK and like having brakes allow me to go deep if I choose. I have 17" tires and the extra weight was a factor in replacing the bearings, brakes and having cooling. I find the polly control arm bushings are not lasting more than a year but I think our CA roads are destroying more than the track is. I'm going back to rubber on the control arms for now, the pollys were pretty wasted. I may try the the new blended compound from BavAuto in the future. I use rear shock tower mounts from BMP. All others have failed within a few months with the coilovers. Gary
[size=-2]95 Sport-Alpine White-5sp conversion, M3 clutch, 3.72 E30-LSD, Bilstein PSS-9s, 3"stainless-TriFlo, 17s from 330i staggared w/BFG KDWs, DASC K&N w/foglight intake, cross-drilled BavAuto rear rotors w/Pagids, 4-pot Brembos w/drilled 320mm front rotors, stainless lines, BimmerWorld RSMs. BavAuto front splitters. M-Style rear spoiler, tower brace, X-brace.
slacker is offline   Reply With Quote