View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 09:36 PM   #6
Bluebimma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray B View Post
The headgasket is good, cooland sytem is pressurized well, I dont add coolant anymore awhile ago i replaced the water pump and the gasket that came with it was cheap and leaked some but not bad I have since replaced it and no leaks, the plugs I replaced 7000 mi ago will replace them but they fire good now. I will replace the thermostat when the place opens tomorrow but for now I just want to get it started and I am having a crazy time figuring this out. It cranks fine and thats it. Any other thoughts, Thanks.
How do you know for sure the headgasket is good? The cooling system is NOT supposed to be pressurized, if it is, you have a headgasket leak. Its not about if the plugs fire well, its about their condition, how they look, a major indication of whats actually going on inside of the combustion chambers. Have either your cam position sensor or crank position sensor been changed at any point of your engines life? When was the last tune up? Have you checked the main ground to the engine? If it is corroded or loose, it will cause misc. running issues. Do you pump the gas when starting or when it fails to start?

1998 Schwartz II sport 318ti - M50TUB25/5
Bluebimma is offline   Reply With Quote