View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 02:50 AM   #18
99MTECH

Guys,here's my story:
I bought my daughter a 99TI four years ago. It always gave me trouble on cold start,in the winter-in Pa.
It wont even start w/the remote start. It would try,miss bad & stall.It would even set miss codes. If I started it w/the key,brought the rpm's up to 2k for a few seconds,it would straighten out & run fine.Searching the forum & web,I have found this issue over & over again. You see people saying check: vacuum leaks,the boots,coolant temp sensor,plugs.wires etc. I checked everything many times & replace a lot of parts.I always ran heavy oil-20/50 Valvoline VR1 (bad habit/long story/don't ask).
I came across a post where someone changed their old oil to fresh 5w/30 & the issue went away.I was skeptical to say the least.I changed the oil 3 weeks ago w/ a 5w/30 synthetic & the issue went away immediately.No more issues at all.Even last Friday it was 19 degrees & it started fine.I was told by my friend that in was probably do to the variable rate timing & the motor not being able to turn over w/the heavy oil????????

Last edited by 99MTECH; 01-19-2012 at 02:55 AM.
99MTECH is offline   Reply With Quote